E-commerce 1Q 2018

TSB transporte y logística ecommerce 1T 2018

E-commerce 1Q 2018

[vc_custom_heading source=»post_title» use_theme_fonts=»yes»][stm_post_details]

Electronic commerce in Spain grew by 32.8% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2018. Turnover is very close to 9,000 million euros.

According to the National Commission of Markets and Competition (CNMC), the turnover of Ecommerce stood at 8,974 million euros and more than 156 million transactions were registered, 35.9% more.

The sectors of activity with greater sales have been the tourism sector (travel agencies and tour operators included), with 14.9% of total turnover; air transport, with 10.8% and thirdly garments, with 6.1% of total turnover.

E-commerce websites in Spain generated 52.7% of revenues in the first quarter of 2018. The remaining 47.3% corresponds to purchases originating in Spain made to e-commerce websites abroad.

If we look at the number of transactions, 41.7% of operations are carried out on national websites and 58.3% on websites abroad.

The volume of business of purchases originating in Spain carried out abroad was 4,244 million euros, 40.8% more than in the first quarter of 2017. 93.0% of purchases from Spain are made to the European Union.

The Spanish Ecommerce have sold abroad for a value of 1,594 million euros, 43.8% more than the figure of the first quarter in 2017. Of these sales to Spanish Ecommerce 73.1% are made from the European Union.

Sales in Spain to Spanish stores also increased, reaching a year-on-year growth of 19.0% to 3,136 million euros. The tourism sector accounts for 29.5% of turnover within Spain, followed by artistic, sports and recreational shows (8.5%) and clothing (5.7%).

The net external balance understood as the difference between what is purchased from abroad to Spanish websites and what is purchased from Spain abroad, reaches a deficit of 2,651 million euros.

We leave you link to the CNMC where you can download the press release with the details of all the data: CNMC press release (only available in Spanish)

TSB transporte y logística ecommerce 1T 2018
[stm_sidebar sidebar=»272″]
No Comments

Post A Comment